Tuesday, November 4, 2008

election day

It's finally election day. Honestly, I felt as though this day couldn't come fast enough. There has been so much hype, so much talk...and so many SNL skits. I'm sick of stupid comments about why people won't vote for a certain candidate. Can't we all be adults and just have real reasons for vote for someone? Seriously. I'm ready to hear about what the new president is actually doing, and what changes will happen to our nation. 

I strongly hope that everyone votes. Honestly, it doesn't matter who you vote for. Just vote! It's a privilege, and you should be grateful for it, and take part in it. Also, all those people who complain about the country, but don't vote...I wonder why they even speak? If you think change needs to happen, then do something about it! Vote for who you think will bring about the change you desire!

Personally, I'm voting for Barack Obama. I'm not registered with a party, and I probably never will. I don't really like the whole 2-party thing, and I also don't think being a Republican or Democrat is important at all. It's just another ridiculous label and way to categorize people that I don't have any intention in becoming a part of. My dad seems to think that voting for Obama makes me a democrat, but that's just because he'd never vote for a democrat in his life, so not voting for a republican makes me some big bad liberal (probably one of the only ways my dad and i disagree is politics). I just think that Obama will bring about the change we need, and I'd rather not have someone who's 72 years old in office, because I don't think he'll focus on what needs to be focused on.

so with that...I hope you voted, and I don't care who you voted for! Just vote! 

No comments: